My family immigrated from Haiti and I’ve seen the catastrophic effects of climate change on the island: severe droughts, heat, and unpredictable storms. New Yorkers–especially the poor and working class–are now facing many of the same threats. We must act now to end fossil fuel consumption and create a renewable-energy system that empowers working people and the most vulnerable. That’s why I am championing a Green New Deal for New York. I will fight to:
- Transition to 100% clean, renewable energy by 2030.
- Stop the construction of all new fossil fuel infrastructure.
- Ensure that all new green jobs are union jobs.
- Make our power system publicly owned and operated, saving money for users instead of creating corporate profits.
- Fund these programs by taxing the rich and powerful.
Transitioning to 100% renewable energy will transform our lives and our state for the better. It will require us to expand public transportation, invest in our crumbling infrastructure (starting with long-neglected NYCHA), and create thousands of union jobs building large-scale solar, wind, and grid projects.
Phara is rejecting ALL corporate donations and developer dollars. Her campaign is sustained by grassroots donors like you.
If you've saved payment info with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately.